Last year one of my goals was saving money and at the end of the year, I happily realised that I was successful. Together with my husband,we found many ways to save some pennies. Even if they are little things, they do accumulate and as they say "every little bit helps". So here are some tips that I would love to share with you.
Thank you so much for stopping by! If you enjoyed this post, please join us on Facebook,Twitter,Pinterest and G+. Click on the buttons on the right handside to follow us on these platforms.
- First of all,check out your bank statement and find out about unnecessary bills and think about how you can reduce these.
- Prepare a weekly menu plan: It sounds difficult but once you get into the habit,it makes life much easier. You know what to buy when you are doing your grocery shopping and don't end up buying unneccessary items.
- Prepare your meals in bulk and when you realise you will not be able to use something in the food cupboard or fridge, try to find a way to preserve it. For instance I chop some vegetables and put them in the freezer.
- Compare car insurance and find a better deal.
- Consider getting rid of newspaper and magazine subscriptions if you can read them online.
- When you go to a family trip, prepare a picnic so you can enjoy it outdoors instead of a cafe or restaurant.
- If you are paying for a gym membership, consider doing exercises at home.
- Consider buying tickets online when you visit a zoo, entertainment park etc. Most places sell cheaper tickets to aoid long queues at the entrance.
- Replece your bulbs with energy efficient ones.
- Why not start visiting your local library more instead of buying books?
What are your best tips to save some money? I would love to hear them.
This is a sponsored post.