I was not expecting him to draw or paint extraordinary pictures but I wanted him to enjoy the process of creating something as well as developing some skills. Along the way I found some "tricks" to encourage him.
- Setting up the table for both children and giving Derin different materials than a blank paper to work with. In this picture he is painting a paper plate.
- Here we used the candles to drip on the paper and then painted on them using water colours. Again, this interesting activity captured his interest so much. We also had a chance to talk about safety with candles.
- Moulding clay or playdough is perfect for strengthening the finger muscles. Derin enjoys creating sculptures with clay.
- Being a role model is so important,too. One day I was preparing three part cards for the preschool where I work. As I was cutting the cards, Derin saw me and asked for a scissors. He had had difficulty with it, but then he sat with me cutting all this.
- Setting up invitations on the table works better than asking him if he wants to draw or paint.
Thank you so much for stopping by! If you enjoyed this post, please join us on Facebook,Twitter,Pinterest and G+. Click on the buttons on the right hand side to follow us on these platforms.