The holiday season is right around the corner. My favourite gifts for children are books so I thought I would share some of my children's favourite books with you today.
- Peter Reynold's illustrations are simple yet beautiful. His books The Dot, Sky Colour and Ish all encourage creativity with a thoughtful short story.
- Amy Krouse Rosenthal is not very well known in the UK but her book This Plus That is a fun and creative book for children aged 5+. Check out my review of the book here.
- Roni Schotter's The Boy who loved Words is a beautiful book suitable for children aged 7+. This is one of Defne's favourite books and I love the way the writer enriches the child's language.
- Laurance Anholt's amazing books about artists are also much loved in our house. With an engaging story each book depicts an artist's life. We have read Picasso, Degas, Leonardo and Van Gogh so far and will definitely buy the rest of the books.
- A Child's Garden of Verses includes beautiful poems from various poets with beautiful illustrarions from Gyo Fujikawa.
I’m collaborating with more than 75 other mothers to bring you gift guides that cover every age and interest of your children. You can find all the guides sorted on our main gift guide page.
Thank you so much for stopping by! If you enjoyed this post, please join us on Facebook,Twitter,Pinterest and G+. Click on the buttons on the right hand side to follow us on these platforms.